This image is dedicated to my beautiful friend L who's out there covering the horrible world we live in.I woke up yesterday morning feeling quite happy about how my week was ending; I had lots of laughter and happy moments all through that week and it was something I never seem to have enough of. As I opened the window I saw the most amazing sky I have ever seen... The view from my room was not wide enough so I ran to the living room and here it was! The perfect clouds, the perfect sky, the perfect view, the perfect day...
Living outside of Beirut is actually a bliss sometimes, it is like seeing things from a distance, it never hurts and it also clears your head... Beirut, a beautiful city with beautiful people and a beautiful weather, but seeing it that way depends on your mood and the energy you can allow yourself wasting in trying to deal with the whole package. Again describing Beirut as a village was not an exaggeration, sometimes one cannot handle it much and it can become claustrophobic as you start struggling with not letting it suffocate you.
I was stuck in traffic at noon trying to get to my nephew's birthday and to be honest I never understand the traffic concept... If all the cars help each other in moving smoothly why do we have this horrible traffic in this country? Then suddenly you get to a point where all the roads are open and you start wondering: So what was the reason for the traffic just 2 meters behind you when now all the roads are open and you are driving smoothly? Anyway I could not take my eyes off the sky and its clouds... The sky and the sea were of dark blue and the clouds were hanging so low just above the horizon line...
And I kept wondering: Is anyone out there looking at that, just observing the clouds or are we all so stuck in our problems in this horrible traffic that we forget sometimes to pause and look up and around? I wished I could just sit somewhere and examine the sky and do nothing else, but I was already late to my nephew's birthday and I had promised to take some pictures...
Living outside of Beirut is actually a bliss sometimes, it is like seeing things from a distance, it never hurts and it also clears your head... Beirut, a beautiful city with beautiful people and a beautiful weather, but seeing it that way depends on your mood and the energy you can allow yourself wasting in trying to deal with the whole package. Again describing Beirut as a village was not an exaggeration, sometimes one cannot handle it much and it can become claustrophobic as you start struggling with not letting it suffocate you.
I was stuck in traffic at noon trying to get to my nephew's birthday and to be honest I never understand the traffic concept... If all the cars help each other in moving smoothly why do we have this horrible traffic in this country? Then suddenly you get to a point where all the roads are open and you start wondering: So what was the reason for the traffic just 2 meters behind you when now all the roads are open and you are driving smoothly? Anyway I could not take my eyes off the sky and its clouds... The sky and the sea were of dark blue and the clouds were hanging so low just above the horizon line...
And I kept wondering: Is anyone out there looking at that, just observing the clouds or are we all so stuck in our problems in this horrible traffic that we forget sometimes to pause and look up and around? I wished I could just sit somewhere and examine the sky and do nothing else, but I was already late to my nephew's birthday and I had promised to take some pictures...
1 comment:
ah! i miss beirut, i m rushing back!
Post a Comment